Alert : Suspicious Text Messages – Protect Your Identity
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report suspicious activity.
We are aware of fraudulent text messages being sent to our customers and non-customers saying they are associated with “Achieve Card”. The fraudsters ask you to call an 800 number different than what is on the back of your card. They then ask for personal information such as your card number, PIN, social security number, and/or other personal information. These text messages are not from us. This is a fraudulent attempt to gain access to account information known as smishing. (Smishing is similar to phishing; however, smishing is done with SMS text messages while phishing is typically done with automatic phone messages.)
Smishers attempt to get information by tricking you into responding to a text message or by visiting a fake web site. Do not open, download or reply to any suspicious correspondence. Protect your username, password, and other sensitive login information by deleting text messages, e-mails or other messages from people you do not know that may contain attachments or links to unsolicited offers.
Remember, we will not ask you for information through text messages, e-mail, social media or by linking to a website. However, we may ask you to call the number on the back of your card if there is a problem with your account.
If you are an AchieveCard cardholder, please remember:
- Only call the phone number listed on the back of your AchieveCard.
- AchieveCard will never ask for personal information such as social security number or card number through a text message.
- Do not reply to the message.
- Do not click on any of the links that may be embedded in the message.
- Do not call any phone numbers provided in the message.
- Contact your telephone provider and forward a copy of the text so that it may be investigated.
- Contact your bank, financial institution, or other entity you do business with directly to determine if they sent you a legitimate request.
- Only call the phone number listed on the back of your credit or debit card.
AchieveCard is a victim of this scam as much as you are a victim. Together we can use common sense to defeat these fraudsters.
The easiest way to defeat the fraudsters is to follow the guidelines above.